Saturday, December 26, 2009

The New Eon

Blog.
Itsablog. Brother is off to take night greyhound to visit sweetheart in Spokane. I have graduated from college, and have no job or money. I have negative money in fact. I don't even know how much. I'm waiting for them to find me, and then they will tell me how much I owe. Going back to Portland after new years. For no reason I guess. Can't really find a job until I get back from Ecuador.

Going to Ecuador to visit lovely Erika in February. Have nothing else on my life calendar. Apply for the Peace Corps. Get a job. This things have no hard dates set. But am going to Ecuador the 11th of February and coming back the 23rd. Will be there for Carnaval and another weekend. It is a wonderful thing to have a place to stay and a guide and a friend to be with in a far off country.
I might as well visit people in the mean time. As long as I can keep it cheap. What if I did my whole trip?
My idea is to travel down to California and visit Andrew Shaw Kitch in Monterrey California. Then I could go south to see cousin Brian in LA or take the train from Sacramento to Salt Lake City to see Jenni, Elyse, Brian, and Sara (and Bradford). From SLC the train line runs out to Lincoln Nebraska where I could see my old friend Brendan. I don't know how I would get back. Craigslist rides, perhaps.
But I have got no money. I have got negative money, in fact.
And I can travel cheaply, but probably not as cheaply as I can live here. At this point I am totally dependent on the largess of my parents. Both of which are just about out of money and scrimping before traveling to Mexico (mother) and Hawaii (father and stepmother) in January.
What does it say about my family that we can afford to travel separately to three different tropical locales in the coming two months.

Who do I want to be?
What are the things I want to do?
How do I want to live?
What are the things I consider worth doing? Worth acomplishing?

No comments:

Post a Comment